The Hong Kong Jockey Club Scholarships
Through awarding full scholarships, The Hong Kong Jockey Club Charities Trust invests in Hong Kong's next generation and supports their journey to become leaders for our community. Since 1998, some HK$400 million were awarded to more than 400 young talents in scholarships. In 2015, a dedicated secretariat was set up to manage various Hong Kong Jockey Club scholarship schemes, as follows:
The Hong Kong Jockey Club Scholarships – Undergraduate Scholarship
- Up to 45 students studying in Hong Kong’s eight UGC-funded institutions and the Hong Kong Academy for Performing Arts receive full scholarships each year to pursue a full undergraduate degree programme at their respective institution.
- Both permanent Hong Kong residents and Mainland students are eligible.
- Students with special education needs are also encouraged to apply.
- For application details, students should approach the scholarship office at their respective institution.
The Hong Kong Jockey Club Scholarships – Graduate Scholarship at the University of Oxford
- Up to three students receive full scholarships to pursue master's or doctoral degree programmes at the University of Oxford each year.
- For full details, please visit University of Oxford’s webpage.
The Hong Kong Jockey Club Scholarships – Graduate Scholarship at Harvard University
- Up to three students receive full scholarships to pursue master’s or doctoral degrees, for up to three academic years, in public service related programmes at the Harvard Kennedy School, Harvard Divinity School, Harvard T. H. Chan School of Public Health, Harvard Law School, Harvard Graduate School of Education, Harvard Graduate School of Design, Harvard Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, Harvard John A. Paulson School of Engineering and Applied Sciences, and Harvard Medical School.
- To be considered for this scholarship, applicants should first be admitted to Harvard University. Please refer to Harvard’s website for admission details.
The Hong Kong Jockey Club Scholarships – Chicago Booth Executive MBA Scholarship
- Up to two full-tuition scholarships will be awarded annually to aspiring leaders in non-profit/charitable organizations.
- To be considered for this scholarship, applicants must:
Applicants will only receive a scholarship award once their application has been completed and submitted, and they have been formally accepted to the Executive MBA Program.
- Work in or serve an NGO with tax exemption under section 88 AND
- Be a Hong Kong permanent resident
- For more details, please visit the Chicago Booth Scholarship webpage or approach the Chicago Booth Executive MBA Program in Hong Kong. Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
The Hong Kong Jockey Club Scholarships – Vocational Education Scholarship
- Up to two higher diploma graduates receive full scholarships to pursue overseas degree programmes at a VTC-partnering university or institution.
- Up to fourteen diploma graduates receive full scholarships to pursue a higher diploma programmes. For details, please contact Ms Cheung from VTC at 2836-1321 or email@example.com.
Jockey Club Scholars
Awardees of the Hong Kong Jockey Club Scholarships are called Jockey Club Scholars. They are awarded the scholarship for their intellect, character, leadership qualities as well as their commitment to service.
Numerous learning, development, service and networking opportunities are available to Jockey Club Scholars:
- Overseas learning and development programmes
- Unique community service opportunities offered by HKJC charity partners.
- Exclusive networking events with community leaders and fellow Jockey Club Scholars.
- Membership at the Jockey Club Scholars Alumni Association through which a full range of social and networking opportunities are organised.
For enquiries about The Hong Kong Jockey Club Scholarships, please write to [firstname.lastname@example.org].