Volunteering is enormously beneficial to individuals and the society. “JC VOLUNTEER TOGETHER” Project is a citywide programme initiated and funded by The Hong Kong Jockey Club Charities Trust to promote volunteerism in Hong Kong. In collaboration with 12 partner organisations, this five-year Project strives to develop technology-enabled, innovative volunteer engagement models with targeted programmes to encourage and mobilise students, 50+ and retirees as well as the general public to do good for the community.
The Project aims at:
- Activating first time volunteers through targeted engagement at scale;
- Encouraging consistent volunteering by making volunteering easy and attractive; and
- Promoting and sustaining a culture of doing social good in Hong Kong.
The Project comprises the following distinctive components:
- School-based programme: Structured experiential learning curriculum for primary and secondary schools based on a "Plan-Serve-Reflect" approach, to nurture future service leaders.
- 50+ and retirees programme: Diverse volunteering activities and service-based training to motivate 50+ community members to volunteer their time and skills, thus leading to an active and meaningful third age.
- Digital platform: Partnering with six Volunteer Matching Platforms to offer integrated experience for prospective volunteers to discover volunteering opportunities and keep track of volunteering activities. (Coming in late 2023)
- Recognition scheme: Encourage consistent volunteering participation by offering meaningful rewards. (Coming in late 2023)
To learn more about the project, please visit http://jcvolunteertogether.hk/.