Volunteering has enormous benefits for individuals and for society. “JC VOLUNTEER TOGETHER” Project is an integrated citywide programme initiated and funded by The Hong Kong Jockey Club Charities Trust to promote volunteerism in Hong Kong. In collaboration with 12 partner organisations, this five-year Project strives to develop technology-enabled, innovative volunteer engagement models with targeted programmes to encourage and mobilise students, young-olds as well as the public to do good for the community.
The Project aims at:
- activating first time volunteers through targeted engagement at scale;
- encouraging consistent volunteering by making volunteering easy and attractive; and
- promoting and sustaining a culture of doing social good in Hong Kong.
The Project comprises the following distinctive components:
- School-based programme: Structured experiential learning curriculum for primary and secondary schools based on a "Plan-Serve-Reflect" approach, to nurture future service leaders. For enquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 50+ and retirees programme: Diverse volunteer activities and service-based training to motivate 50+ community to volunteer their time and skill, thus leading to an active and meaningful third age.
- Integrated digital platform: In collaboration with six partner organisations to offer one-stop experience from discovering volunteering opportunities to tracking volunteer records (coming soon).
- Recognition scheme: Encourage consistent volunteer participation by offering meaningful rewards (coming soon).